Category:History of medicine
All human societies have medical beliefs - birth, death, disease and cures are explained in some manner. Historically, throughout the history of medicine world illness has often been attributed to witchcraft, demons or the will of the gods, ideas that still retain some power, even in 'modern' societies, with faith healing and shrines still common.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of medicine.|
This category has the following 34 subcategories, out of 34 total.
- ► History of medical and surgical specialties (8 C, 2 P)
- ► History of cannabis (4 C, 8 P)
- ► Leper colonies (2 C, 43 P)
- ► Retrospective diagnosis (12 P)
- ► History of veterinary medicine (16 P)
- ► Works about history of medicine (2 C, 4 P)
Pages in category "History of medicine"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Harveian Society of London
- List of health and medical strikes
- Heart: A History
- Heroic medicine
- History of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- History of dental treatments
- History of electroconvulsive therapy in the United States
- History of magnetic resonance imaging
- History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group
- History of beliefs about the human body
- History of hypertension