Category:History of medicine
All human societies have medical beliefs - birth, death, disease and cures are explained in some manner. Historically, throughout the history of medicine world illness has often been attributed to witchcraft, demons or the will of the gods, ideas that still retain some power, even in 'modern' societies, with faith healing and shrines still common.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of medicine.|
This category has the following 38 subcategories, out of 38 total.
- ► Leper colonies (1 C, 43 P)
- ► Retrospective diagnosis (9 P)
- ► History of surgery (12 P)
- ► History of veterinary medicine (13 P)
- ► Works about history of medicine (2 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "History of medicine"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).