Category:History of the Southern United States
The precise boundaries of the Southern United States are disputed. For convenience this category contains the history categories for all those states which are sometimes considered to be in the South, but it should not be taken as an endorsement of the broader definition of the South. From east to west the marginal states are Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Dixiecrats (12 C, 1 P)
- ► Reconstruction Era (3 C, 91 P)
- ► Secession crisis of 1860–61 (4 C, 33 P)
Pages in category "History of the Southern United States"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Sabine Expedition
- Second Great Migration (African American)
- The Slave Community
- Slave Power
- Solid South
- South Carolina civil disturbances of 1876
- Southern Colonies
- Southern Historical Association
- Southern Party
- Southern strategy
- Southern theater of the American Revolutionary War
- Stark-Minis duel
- Sutton–Taylor feud