Category:History of the Southern United States
The precise boundaries of the Southern United States are disputed. For convenience this category contains the history categories for all those states which are sometimes considered to be in the South, but it should not be taken as an endorsement of the broader definition of the South. From east to west the marginal states are Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Historians of the Southern United States (1 C, 49 P)
- ► Ku Klux Klan (6 C, 61 P)
- ► Lost Cause of the Confederacy (7 C, 47 P)
- ► Plantations in the United States (9 C, 39 P)
- ► Reconstruction Era (12 C, 93 P)
Pages in category "History of the Southern United States"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Cherokee history
- Cherokee Nation (1794–1907)
- Chesapeake Colonies
- Colonial South and the Chesapeake
- Southern Colonies
- Compromise of 1877
- Confederate History Month
- Confederate settlements in British Honduras
- Confederate States of America
- Cotton factor
- Creek War
- Creek War of 1836
- Crop-lien system
- Culture of the Southern United States