A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. In contrast, Conjectures are statements which cannot necessarily be empirically tested.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hypotheses.|
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Hypothesized documents (7 P)
- ► Hypothetical impact events (11 P)
- ► Linguistic hypotheses (15 P)
- ► Hypothetical objects (5 C, 6 P)
- ► Hypothetical spacecraft (25 P)
Pages in category "Hypotheses"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).