A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. In contrast, Conjectures are statements which cannot necessarily be empirically tested.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hypotheses.|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Biological hypotheses (8 C, 34 P)
- ► Hypothesized documents (8 P)
- ► Hypothetical impact events (11 P)
- ► Linguistic hypotheses (1 C, 18 P)
- ► Hypothetical processes (4 P)
- ► Hypothetical technology (6 C, 55 P)
Pages in category "Hypotheses"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).