Category:Indigenous languages of California
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Languages of the Indigenous peoples of California.
—Of tribes belonging to indigenous California cultures as defined by ethnographers: see Classification of indigenous peoples of California and Native American tribes in California.
—The area of this culture does not necessarily correspond with the State of California.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indigenous languages of California.|
- Californiaprehistory.com: Map of Native Tribes, Groups, Language Families, and Dialects of the California region in 1770.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Athabaskan languages (4 C, 3 P)
- ► Chumashan languages (10 P)
- ► Hokan languages (11 C, 14 P)
- ► Maiduan languages (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Na-Dene languages (2 C, 4 P)
- ► Shastan languages (5 P)
- ► Takic languages (9 P)
- ► Wintuan languages (4 P)
Pages in category "Indigenous languages of California"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).