|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
Infectious diseases are diseases caused by biological agents, which can be transmitted to others, rather than by genetic, physical or chemical agents. This definition includes disease caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi and prions. This page includes list of infectious diseases as pertains to humans; those affecting animals are listed under Category:Veterinary medicine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Infectious diseases.|
|This category reflects the organization of International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision.|
Generally, diseases outlined within the ICD-10 codes A00-B99 should be included in this category.
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
- ► Infectious disease blood tests (13 P)
- ► Infection-related cutaneous conditions (5 C, 4 P)
- ► Deaths from infectious disease (42 C, 23 P)
- ► Infectious diseases in fiction (6 C, 4 P)
- ► Healthcare-associated infections (21 P)
- ► Intestinal infectious diseases (3 C, 23 P)
- ► Microbiology journals (4 C, 79 P)
- ► Neglected diseases (7 C, 78 P)
- ► Infectious disease organizations (13 P)
- ► Rare infectious diseases (32 P)
- ► Tropical diseases (8 C, 111 P)
- ► Vaccine-preventable diseases (14 P)
- ► Biological warfare (6 C, 86 P)
- ► Infectious disease stubs (77 P)
Pages in category "Infectious diseases"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).