Infectious diseases are diseases caused by biological agents, which can be transmitted to others, rather than by genetic, physical or chemical agents. This definition includes disease caused by viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi and prions. This page includes list of infectious diseases as pertains to humans; those affecting animals are listed under Category:Veterinary medicine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Infectious diseases.|
|This category reflects the organization of International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, 10th Revision.
Generally, diseases outlined within the ICD-10 codes A00-B99 should be included in this category.
This category has the following 34 subcategories, out of 34 total.
- ► Animal disease control (8 P)
- ► Bacterial diseases (3 C, 139 P)
- ► Deaths from infectious disease (37 C, 25 P)
- ► Healthcare-associated infections (20 P)
- ► Microbiology journals (3 C, 79 P)
- ► Neglected diseases (3 C, 33 P)
- ► Rare infectious diseases (12 P)
- ► Tropical diseases (8 C, 64 P)
- ► Viral diseases (3 C, 72 P)
- ► Waterborne diseases (3 C, 33 P)
- ► Zoonoses (12 C, 139 P)
- ► Infectious disease stubs (60 P)
Pages in category "Infectious diseases"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Infection control
- Infection Control Society of Pakistan
- Infectious causes of cancer
- Infectious Disease (Notification) Act 1889
- Infectious Disease Pharmacokinetics Laboratory
- Infectious Diseases Institute
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Infectious dose
- International Sanitary Conferences
- Intestinal infectious diseases
- Isolation (health care)
- Isolation ward