Islamist movements seek to implement a conservative formulation of Islamic law and remove Western influences from Muslim society. Islamists usually refer to themselves as Muslims, disapproving of the term Islamist. The movements are sometimes controversial among other Muslims due to their anti-government and sometimes violent activity. See Islamism.
- See also: Category:Islamism by country
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Islamist insurgent groups (1 C, 18 P)
- ► Islamist front organizations (5 P)
- ► Islamic political parties (8 C, 32 P)
- ► Tablighi Ijtemas (2 P)
Pages in category "Islamist groups"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Indonesian Mujahedeen Council
- International Union of Muslim Scholars
- Islami Andolan Bangladesh
- Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba
- Islami Oikya Jote
- Islamic Defenders Front
- Islamic Forum of Europe
- Islamic Front for the Liberation of Bahrain
- Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine
- Islamic Jihad Movement in Palestine
- Islamic Liberation Front of Patani
- Islamic Movement of Central Asia
- Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan
- Islamic Society of Britain
- Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
- Islamic Unity of Afghanistan Mujahideen
- Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya