||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.
|This category may inappropriately label persons. See Wikipedia:Categorization of people for advice on how to apply categorization to articles relating to people.
See also the policy at WP:BLPCAT regarding categorization by religion or sexual orientation.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Category:LGBT people|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LGBT people.|
This category groups articles on people,
- who have come out to the general public as homosexual, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, Queer, pansexual or Radical Faerie, or, for historical figures, who are recognised thus by consensus of scholars in reliable sources,
- and for whom, apart from the previous, LGBT is or was a significant part of their public life or notability.
Sexual or gender-related indetermination (e.g., asexuality, Klinefelter,...) is in itself not sufficient justification for inclusion in this category or its subcategories. Other subdivisions of Category:People by gender or Category:People by status might be more suitable in this case.
The content of each biography contained in this category or its subcategories should clarify how being LGBT is a significant part of the public life or notability of its subject, according to reliable published sources.
- List of gay, lesbian or bisexual people
- List of bisexual people
- List of transgender people
- List of pansexual people
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Bisexual people (6 C, 5 P)
- ► Ex-ex-gay people (8 P)
- ► LGBT feminists (3 C, 20 P)
- ► Gay men (4 C, 89 P)
- ► Lesbians (4 C, 69 P)
- ► Queer people (5 C)
- ► Radical Faeries (22 P)
- ► Transgender and transsexual people (8 C, 1 P)
- ► Victims of anti-LGBT hate crimes (2 C, 16 P)