|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amphibious forces.|
Marines are a branch of a nation's armed forces intended to mount amphibious operations. Many countries describe these forces as "Naval Infantry". In most countries, Marines are not a separate service but rather an extension of the Army or Navy.
The role of a Marine force does differ between nations, and its composition may vary from nothing, to light infantry, to an all arms organization with infantry, armour, aviation, and all the support required to sustain that on the battle field.
This category contains articles about marine forces. Articles about individual Marines can be found through their home nation's related Marine article.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Marine corps units and formations (5 C, 2 P)
- ► Colonial troops (1 C, 12 P)
- ► Disbanded marine forces (2 C, 15 P)
- ► Films about marines (1 C)
- ► Marine forces history (3 C, 4 P)
- ► Marine corps personnel (6 C, 1 P)
- ► Netherlands Marine Corps (1 C, 2 P)
- ► United States Marine Corps (17 C, 47 P, 1 F)
Pages in category "Marines"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).