|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mining companies.|
Mining is the extraction of valuable minerals or other geological materials from the earth from an orebody, lode, vein, seam, or reef, which forms the mineralized package of economic interest to the miner.
Mining of stone and metal has been done since pre-historic times. Modern mining processes involve prospecting for ore bodies, analysis of the profit potential of a proposed mine, extraction of the desired materials, and final reclamation of the land after the mine is closed.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Aluminium companies (7 C, 52 P)
- ► Diamond mining companies (4 C, 22 P)
- ► Mining engineering companies (9 P)
- ► Gold mining companies (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Iron ore mining companies (4 C, 33 P)
- ► Nickel mining companies (2 C, 12 P)
- ► Oil shale companies (33 P)
- ► Rare earth companies (9 P)
- ► Silver mining companies (2 C, 29 P)
- ► Uranium mining companies (1 C)
- ► Zinc mining companies (1 C, 15 P)
- ► Mining company stubs (26 P)
Pages in category "Mining companies"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).