Category:Municipalities of Lithuania
In Lithuania, municipalities are major administrative units which have their own councils, elected by the people, and mayors, elected by the councils. Municipalities can either cover one major city (city municipality) or entire regions (district municipality).
The sizes of municipalities range from 40 square kilometers (Alytus City Municipality) to 2218 square kilometers (Varėna District Municipality). Their population ranges from 2,408 (Neringa - a resort municipality) to 553,232 (Vilnius City Municipality).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Municipalities of Lithuania.|
This category has the following 30 subcategories, out of 30 total.
- ► Biržai District Municipality (2 C, 23 P)
- ► Druskininkai Municipality (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Elektrėnai Municipality (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Ignalina District Municipality (2 C, 20 P)
- ► Rietavas Municipality (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Trakai District Municipality (1 P)
Pages in category "Municipalities of Lithuania"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Kaišiadorys District Municipality
- Kalvarija Municipality
- Kaunas City Municipality
- Kaunas District Municipality
- Kazlų Rūda Municipality
- Kėdainiai District Municipality
- Kelmė District Municipality
- Klaipėda City Municipality
- Klaipėda District Municipality
- Kretinga District Municipality
- Kupiškis District Municipality