A museum is a building or institution which houses and cares for a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary.
Modern museums concentrate on a particular subject or field, such as fine arts, applied arts, archaeology, anthropology, ethnology, history, cultural history, natural history, science and/or technology. Some specialize further, such as museums of modern art, local history, aviation history, agriculture, geology, etc.
This category has the following 29 subcategories, out of 29 total.
- Museums by city (58 C)
- Museums by continent (13 C)
- Museums by country (204 C)
- Museums by region (13 C)
- Museums by type (151 C, 1 P)
- Types of museums (3 C, 71 P)
- Art museums and galleries (31 C, 3 P)
- Museum collections (15 C, 12 P)
- Museum crime (1 C, 11 P)
- Defunct museums (4 C, 29 P)
- Museum design (4 C, 5 P)
- Museum districts (4 C, 37 P)
- Museum education (6 C, 30 P)
- Museum events (2 C, 31 P)
- Fictional museums (14 P)
- History of museums (5 C, 26 P)
- Museum industry (4 C, 7 P)
- Museum informatics (4 C, 28 P)
- Museum organizations (6 C, 77 P)
- Museum people (15 C, 40 P)
- Museums in popular culture (9 C, 25 P)
- Proposed museums (6 C, 16 P)
- Museum publications (3 C, 1 P)
- Images of museums (8 F)
- Museum logos (32 F)
- Lists of museums (4 C, 19 P)
- Museum stubs (11 C, 36 P)
Pages in category "Museums"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.