|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Music theory.|
Music theory is a set of systems for analyzing, classifying, and composing music and the elements of music. Narrowly it may be defined as the description in words of elements of music, and the interrelationship toward the notation of music and performance practice. Broadly, theory may be considered any statement, belief, or concept of the music (Boretz, 1995). Thus academic study of music is called musicology.
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Musical analysis (5 C, 25 P)
- ► Music diagrams (1 P, 6 F)
- ► Musical form (10 C, 31 P)
- ► Harmony (11 C, 45 P, 2 F)
- ► Music theory journals (15 P)
- ► Music theory lists (18 P)
- ► Rhythm and meter (13 C, 78 P, 4 F)
- ► Music theory stubs (217 P)
Pages in category "Music theory"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).