Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mythology.|
|Categorising a story as a myth does not necessarily imply that it is untrue. Religion and mythology differ, but have overlapping aspects. Many English speakers understand the terms "myth" and "mythology" to mean fictitious or imaginary. However, according to many dictionary definitions, these terms can also mean a traditional story or narrative that embodies the belief or beliefs of a group of people, and this Wikipedia category should be understood in this sense only. The use of these terms in this category does not imply that any story so categorized is historically true or false or that any belief so embodied is itself either true or false.|
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
- Animals in mythology (12 C, 9 P)
- Mythological characters (29 C, 35 P)
- Greek mythology studies (6 C, 14 P)
- Incest in mythology (8 P)
- LGBT themes in mythology (7 C, 26 P)
- Nudity in mythology (2 C, 5 P)
- Mythological objects (14 C, 38 P)
- Religious cosmologies (17 C, 63 P)
- Sleep in mythology and folklore (4 C, 26 P)
- Mythology stubs (10 C, 148 P)
Pages in category "Mythology"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).