Technology that is outdated (such as the 8-track) or no longer used at all (such as the telegraph). Not all old technology belongs here - for example, while vinyl records were replaced by audio cassettes and CDs in the 1980s, they are making a comeback as a physical format as non-physical formats have made the CD and cassette obsolete, while vinyl is slowly becoming more common again.
Another example is an analog watch; though digital watches are a newer technology, they have not entirely replaced traditional watches because of the aesthetic or functional value of the original.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Discontinued media formats (3 C, 46 P)
- ► Historical scientific instruments (2 C, 73 P)
- ► Legacy systems (5 C, 27 P)
- ► Mechanical calculators (3 C, 45 P)
- ► Technological phase-outs (10 P)
- ► Sundials (1 C, 39 P, 3 F)
- ► Typewriters (4 C, 49 P)
- ► Unit record equipment (3 C, 6 P)
- ► Water clocks (8 P)
Pages in category "Obsolete technologies"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).