From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oceania.|
1.) In its narrow usage it refers to:
- Polynesia (including New Zealand and the Hawaiian Islands),
- Melanesia (including New Guinea and the Solomon Islands),
- Micronesia (including
- Continent: Although the islands of Oceania do not form part of a true continent, Oceania is sometimes associated with the continent of Australia for the purposes of dividing the whole world into continental groupings. As such, it is the smallest "continent" in area and the second smallest, after Antarctica, in population.
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Australia (continent) (8 C, 1 P)
- ► Geography of Oceania (21 C, 10 P)
- ► History of Oceania (57 C, 15 P)
- ► Infrastructure in Oceania (7 C)
- ► Oceania ecozone (2 C, 1 P)
- ► Zealandia (continent) (6 C, 27 P)
- ► Oceania stubs (37 C, 55 P)