|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Operating systems.|
This category and its subcategories deal with operating systems, the system software responsible for the direct control and management of hardware and basic system operations, as well as running application software such as word processing programs and Web browsers.
An article about operating systems should be categorized with all the subcategories appropriate to that article. Only when there are no appropriate subcategories should an article be categorized in the category Operating systems (see Wikipedia:Categorization and subcategories for an explanation).
Articles about operating system concepts and components can be found in Category:Operating system technology.
This category has the following 37 subcategories, out of 37 total.
- ► Books on operating systems (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Game console operating systems (13 P)
- ► Just enough operating systems (2 P)
- ► Lists of operating systems (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Network operating systems (3 C, 22 P)
- ► Object-oriented operating systems (3 C, 18 P)
- ► Operating system advocacy (4 P)
- ► Operating system APIs (8 C, 18 P)
- ► Operating system criticisms (10 P)
- ► Operating system distributions bootable from read-only media (3 C, 109 P)
- ► Operating system families (16 C, 11 P)
- ► Operating system people (11 C, 2 P)
- ► Operating system technology (31 C, 91 P)
- ► Proprietary operating systems (19 C, 103 P)
- ► Supercomputer operating systems (15 P)
- ► Time-sharing operating systems (4 C, 40 P)
- ► Unix (12 C, 50 P)
- ► Window-based operating systems (8 C, 12 P)
- ► Operating system stubs (4 C, 179 P)
Pages in category "Operating systems"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).