Category:Pacific Ocean theatre of World War II
Mainland Asia was excluded from the Pacific Ocean Areas, as were the Philippines, the Netherlands East Indies, the Territory of New Guinea (including the Bismarck Archipelago) and the western part of the Solomon Islands. US strategic bomber forces in the Pacific were under the direct control of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff. All land forces in mainland Alaska were under the control of the US Army's Western Defense Command.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pacific War.|
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Battle of Wake Island (15 P)
- ► Fiji in World War II (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Guadalcanal Campaign (1 C, 21 P)
- ► Battle of Iwo Jima (1 C, 69 P)
- ► Battle of Midway (23 P)
- ► Operation Cartwheel (17 P)
- ► Taiwan in World War II (2 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Pacific Ocean theatre of World War II"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Battle of Makin
- Makin Island raid
- Mariana and Palau Islands campaign
- Maritime Heritage Trail – Battle of Saipan
- Actions along the Matanikau
- First Bombardment of Midway
- Battle of Mount Austen, the Galloping Horse, and the Sea Horse
- Battle of Munda Point
- New Georgia counterattack
- Drive on Munda Point