|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Petrology.|
Petrology is the science of rocks: their mineralogy, textures, chemistry, classification, and structures.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Breccias (11 P)
- ► Geologic formations by lithology (16 C)
- ► Gemology (3 C, 27 P)
- ► Igneous petrology (10 C, 80 P)
- ► Petrologists (63 P)
- ► Rocks (13 C, 35 P)
- ► Sedimentary rocks (18 C, 135 P)
- ► Petrology stubs (188 P)
Pages in category "Petrology"
The following 152 pages are in this category, out of 152 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Parent rock
- Petrogenetic grid
- Petrographic province
- Petrological Database of the Ocean Floor
- Polarized light microscopy
- Polybaric melting
- Pressure solution
- Pyroclastic rock