|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Police officers.|
Police and sheriff's patrol officers maintain order, enforce laws and ordinances, and protect life and property within an assigned area. Depending on local law, they may perform a combination of the following duties: patrol a specific area on foot or in a vehicle; direct traffic; issue traffic summonses; investigate accidents; maintain public order; perform escort duties; apprehend and arrest suspects; or serve legal processes of courts.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Police unions (1 C, 28 P)
- ► Chiefs of police (34 C, 72 P)
- ► Police officers killed in the line of duty (9 C, 23 P)
- ► Murdered police officers (17 C, 10 P)
- ► Police officers with criminal convictions (10 C, 1 P)
- ► Police ranks (4 C, 73 P)
- ► Tamil police officers (1 C)
Pages in category "Police officers"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).