Category:Populated places in Oaxaca
According to the Municipal Law of the State of Oaxaca, the state classifies its settlements as follows:
- Ciudad (city): at least 20,000 inhabitants.
- Villa (town): at least 18,000 inhabitants.
- Pueblo (village): at least 15,000 inhabitants.
- Ranchería (hamlet): at least 10,000 inhabitants.
- Congregación (small hamlet): a permanent rural or ejidal settlement of at least 5,000 people engaged in agriculture.
- Nucleo rural (rural community): at least 500 inhabitants.
- See also: Municipalities of Oaxaca.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cities in Oaxaca.|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Municipalities of Oaxaca (1 C, 572 P)
Pages in category "Populated places in Oaxaca"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).