|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Post-apocalyptic fiction.|
Post-apocalyptic fiction is set in a world or civilization that has been ravaged by nuclear war, plague, or some other general disaster. The time frame may be immediately after the catastrophe, focusing on the travails or psychology of survivors, or considerably later, often including the theme that the existence of pre-catastrophe civilization has been forgotten or mythologized. The fall of civilization may also be the fall of a space-based civilization. This plot device allows writers to write soft science fiction while accounting for the lack of technological advancement and thus remain relevant to the present day no matter how far in the future the events are set.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Post-apocalyptic anime and manga (71 P)
- ► Post-apocalyptic comics (6 C, 81 P, 1 F)
- ► Post-apocalyptic films (9 C, 344 P)
- ► Post-apocalyptic games (2 C, 5 P)
- ► The Hunger Games (3 C, 7 P)
- ► Impact events in fiction (4 C, 13 P)
- ► Post-apocalyptic literature (3 C, 8 P)
- ► Shannara (2 C, 6 P)
Pages in category "Post-apocalyptic fiction"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).