Primate (from the Latin Primus, "first") is a title or rank bestowed on some bishops in certain Christian churches. Depending on the particular tradition, it can denote either jurisdictional authority (title of authority) or ceremonial precedence (title of honour).
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Anglican primates (5 C, 1 P)
- ► Catholic primates (2 C)
- ► Eastern Orthodox primates (18 C, 8 P)
- ► Bishops of the Free Catholic Church (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Lutheran primates (2 C, 2 P)
- ► Oriental Orthodox primates (3 C)
- ► Primates of Syriac Christianity (7 C)