|Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
|Library of Congress||GV|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sports.|
A sport consists of a physical activity or skill carried out under a publicly agreed set of rules, and with a recreational purpose: for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of skill, or some combination of these. The difference of purpose is what characterises sport, combined with the notion of individual (or team) skill or prowess.
This category has the following 55 subcategories, out of 55 total.
- ► Sport by decade (33 C)
- ► Deaths in sport (20 C, 25 P)
- ► Sports festivals (16 C, 11 P)
- ► Gender and sport (6 C, 5 P)
- ► Sports journalism (3 C, 7 P)
- ► Quotations from sports (17 P)
- ► Sports venues (25 C, 28 P)
- ► Sports stubs (18 C, 407 P)