||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to System software.|
System software is a generic phrase referring to the computer programs used to start and run computer systems and networks. System software contrasts with application software, programming tools and malware. System software includes:
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Boot loaders (2 C, 16 P)
- ► Compatibility layers (5 C, 35 P)
- ► Device drivers (4 C, 54 P)
- ► Firmware (7 C, 16 P)
- ► Graphical user interfaces (12 C, 78 P)
- ► Middleware (4 C, 72 P)
- ► Operating systems (34 C, 22 P)
- ► Provisioning (6 P)
- ► Subsystem (10 P)
- ► Utility software (6 C, 19 P)
- ► Windowing systems (5 C, 22 P)
Pages in category "System software"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).