||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Theatre.|
Theatre or theater (from French "théâtre", from Greek "theatron", θέατρον) is the branch of the performing arts concerned with acting out stories in front of an audience using combinations of speech, gesture, mime, music, dance, sound and spectacle — indeed any one or more elements of the other performing arts. In addition to the standard narrative dialogue style, theatre takes such forms as opera, ballet, mime, kabuki, classical Indian dance, Chinese opera, mummers' plays, improv and pantomime.
- For people involved in theatre, see Category:Theatrical occupations
- Most organisations can be found in Category:Theatres and Category:Theatre companies
This category has the following 41 subcategories, out of 41 total.
- ► History of theatre (26 C, 91 P)
- ► Theatrical genres (41 C, 126 P, 1 F)
- ► Theatre museums (2 C, 17 P)
- ► Works about theatre (13 C, 1 P)
- ► Theatre stubs (9 C, 605 P)
Pages in category "Theatre"
The following 87 pages are in this category, out of 87 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).