From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toponymy.|
Toponymy is the study of place names.
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Anthropomorphic geographic features (1 C, 62 P)
- ► British toponymy (5 C, 6 P)
- ► City name changes in Ukraine (14 P)
- ► Hydronymy (1 C, 12 P)
- ► Indigenous toponymy (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Oronyms (9 C, 23 P)
- ► Place names (9 C, 18 P)
- ► Russian toponymy (1 C)
- ► Toponymists (29 P)
- ► Welsh toponymy (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Zoomorphic geographic features (23 P)
Pages in category "Toponymy"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- List of Bergen, New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of Celtic place names in Galicia
- List of Chinook Jargon place names
- List of continent name etymologies
- List of double placenames
- List of etymologies of country subdivision names
- List of foods and drinks named after places
- List of geographic names of Iranian origin
- List of New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of place names of French origin in the United States
- List of Scottish place names in Sri Lanka
- List of words derived from toponyms
- Lost toponym