From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toponymy.|
Toponymy is the study of place names.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Anthropomorphic geographic features (1 C, 61 P)
- ► British toponymy (5 C, 6 P)
- ► Demonyms (3 C, 48 P)
- ► Hydronymy (1 C, 12 P)
- ► Indigenous toponymy (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Place names (9 C, 19 P)
- ► Scottish toponymy (2 C, 17 P)
- ► Toponymists (28 P)
- ► Welsh toponymy (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Zoomorphic geographic features (23 P)
Pages in category "Toponymy"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- List of Bergen, New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of Celtic place names in Galicia
- List of Chinook Jargon place names
- List of continent name etymologies
- List of double placenames
- List of etymologies of country subdivision names
- List of foods and drinks named after places
- List of geographic names of Iranian origin
- List of New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of place names of French origin in the United States
- List of Scottish place names in Sri Lanka
- List of words derived from toponyms
- Lost toponym