Category:Transforming toy robots
Transforming toy robots were a very popular toy concept in the 1980s. The main feature was that an everyday object, machine or animal could transform into a robot. Toylines that used this concept include
- Transformers (Hasbro/Takara) a very popular franchise pitting two robot factions against each other. The robots could transform into a wide range of things, from insects to airplanes.
- Gobots, Machine Robo (Tonka/Bandai) mostly die-cast toys where the robots could transform into machines like cars, boats and airplanes
- Rock Lords (Tonka/Bandai), robots that could transform into rocks
- McRobots, created by the McDonald's company to capitalize on the transforming robot boom - here robots could transform into company products such as french fries or a hamburger.
- Webdiver (Takara) series of transformable toys with built in TV interactivity that were created while there was a lull in Takara's Transformers sales.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Transforming toy robots"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).