Category:United States Free Speech Clause case law
This category includes court cases that deal with the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, providing that "Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "United States Free Speech Clause case law"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 286 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).(previous page) (next page)
- Abood v. Detroit Board of Education
- Abrams v. United States
- Adderley v. Florida
- Agency for International Development v. Alliance for Open Society International, Inc.
- American Civil Liberties Union v. National Security Agency
- American Communications Ass'n v. Douds
- American Family Ass'n v. City and County of San Francisco
- Anonymous Online Speakers v. United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Arizona Free Enterprise Club's Freedom Club PAC v. Bennett
- Banamex v. Narco News
- Barenblatt v. United States
- Barnes v. Glen Theatre, Inc.
- Bartnicki v. Vopper
- Beauharnais v. Illinois
- The Bertrand Russell Case
- Bethel School District v. Fraser
- Beussink v. Woodland R-IV School District
- Bishop v. Aronov
- Board of Airport Commissioners of Los Angeles v. Jews for Jesus, Inc.
- Board of Regents of State Colleges v. Roth
- Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System v. Southworth
- Borough of Duryea v. Guarnieri
- Brandenburg v. Ohio
- Branzburg v. Hayes
- Broadrick v. Oklahoma
- Broussard v. School Board of Norfolk
- Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association
- Brown v. Louisiana
- Buckley v. American Constitutional Law Foundation, Inc.
- Buckley v. Valeo
- Busking (U.S. case law)
- Cantwell v. Connecticut
- Capitol Square Review & Advisory Board v. Pinette
- Carey v. Population Services International
- Castillo v. Texas
- Chandler v. Florida
- Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire
- Chicago Police Dept. v. Mosley
- Christian Legal Society v. Martinez
- Citizens Against Rent Control v. City of Berkeley
- Citizens for Tax Reform v. Deters
- Citizens United v. FEC
- City News & Novelty, Inc. v. City of Waukesha
- City of Cincinnati v. Discovery Network, Inc.
- City of Erie v. Pap's A. M.
- City of Ladue v. Gilleo
- City of Los Angeles v. Alameda Books, Inc.
- Clark v. Community for Creative Non-Violence
- Cohen v. California
- Cohen v. Cowles Media Co.
- Communications Workers of America v. Beck
- Communist Party v. Subversive Activities Control Board
- Compelled speech
- Connick v. Myers
- Consolidated Edison Co. v. Public Service Commission
- Corry v. Stanford University
- Cox Broadcasting Corp. v. Cohn
- Cox v. Louisiana
- Cox v. New Hampshire
- Cubby, Inc. v. CompuServe Inc.
- Curtis Publishing Co. v. Butts
- Daniels v. United States
- Davenport v. Washington Education Ass'n
- Davis v. FEC
- Davis v. Massachusetts
- Dean v. Utica Community Schools
- Debs v. United States
- Dennis v. United States
- Desilets v. Clearview Regional Board of Education
- Detroit Free Press v. Ashcroft
- Doe v. Reed
- Doe v. University of Michigan
- Dombrowski v. Pfister
- Doninger v. Niehoff
- Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. v. Greenmoss Builders, Inc.
- FBI–Apple encryption dispute
- FCC v. Fox Television Stations, Inc. (2012)
- FEC v. Massachusetts Citizens for Life
- FEC v. National Conservative PAC
- FEC v. Wisconsin Right to Life, Inc.
- FCC v. Pacifica Foundation
- Feiner v. New York
- Fighting words
- First National Bank of Boston v. Bellotti
- Fiske v. Kansas
- Florida Bar v. Went For It, Inc.
- Florida Star v. B. J. F.
- Forsyth County v. Nationalist Movement
- Freedman v. Maryland
- Fricke v. Lynch
- Friedrichs v. California Teachers Ass'n
- Frisby v. Schultz
- Garcetti v. Ceballos
- Garner v. Board of Public Works
- Gay Student Services v. Texas A&M University
- Gertz v. Robert Welch, Inc.
- Gibson v. Florida Legislative Investigation Committee
- Gillman v. Holmes County School District
- Gitlow v. New York
- Givhan v. Western Line Consolidated School District
- Glik v. Cunniffe
- Good News Club v. Milford Central School
- Greenbelt Cooperative Publishing Ass'n, Inc. v. Bresler
- Grosjean v. American Press Co.
- Guiles v. Marineau
- Lamb's Chapel v. Center Moriches Union Free School District
- Lamont v. Postmaster General
- Landmark Communications, Inc. v. Virginia
- Largent v. Texas
- Lassonde v. Pleasanton Unified School District
- Lebron v. National Railroad Passenger Corp.
- Legal Services Corp. v. Velazquez
- LICRA v. Yahoo!
- Lloyd Corp. v. Tanner
- Lorillard Tobacco Co. v. Reilly
- Loudoun v. Board of Trustees of the Loudoun County Library
- Lovell v. City of Griffin
- Madsen v. Women's Health Center, Inc.
- Martin v. Hearst Corporation
- Martin v. City of Struthers
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority v. Anderson
- Masses Publishing Co. v. Patten
- Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- McConnell v. FEC
- McCullen v. Coakley
- McCutcheon v. FEC
- McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission
- Meyer v. Grant
- Miami Herald Publishing Co. v. Tornillo
- Minersville School District v. Gobitis
- Minneapolis Star Tribune Co. v. Commissioner
- Morse v. Frederick
- Mt. Healthy City School District Board of Education v. Doyle
- Mutual Film Corp. v. Industrial Commission of Ohio
- NAACP v. Button
- NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Co.
- Nation Magazine v. United States Department of Defense
- National Endowment for the Arts v. Finley
- National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra
- National Socialist Party of America v. Village of Skokie
- Near v. Minnesota
- Nebraska Press Ass'n v. Stuart
- Nelson v. Streeter
- New York State Board of Elections v. Lopez Torres
- New York State Restaurant Association v. New York City Board of Health
- New York Times Co. v. Sullivan
- New York Times Co. v. United States
- New York v. Ferber
- Nieves v. Bartlett
- Nixon v. Shrink Missouri Government PAC
- Noto v. United States
- Nussenzweig v. DiCorcia