Category:Vertical transport devices
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vertical transport devices.|
Transport devices which primary use is to transport in a vertical direction (although as a side effect they may also transport in a horizontal direction). These include:
- Cable cars, inlined planes, funiculars and rack railways
- Chair lifts, detachable chairlifts, funitels, gondola lifts and ski tows
- Elevators (classical lifts)
- Escalators and inclined travelators
- Locks, boat lifts and inclined planes (on canals and rivers)
- Skyhooks and space elevators (although these do not exist yet, they are a form of elevator)
See Also: The Society for Vertical Transportation
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Aerial lifts (6 C, 14 P)
- ► Boat lifts (20 P)
- ► Elevators (6 C, 32 P)
- ► Funicular railways (5 C, 5 P)
- ► Canal inclined planes (12 P)
- ► Zip-line (11 P)
Pages in category "Vertical transport devices"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).