Category:Video games based on novels
Games based on works of literature, previously published, and characters from those works. This can include novels and short stories, published in books, magazines, in e-books or even online as text. Limitations:
- If the game directly references content or design from another adaptation of literature, such as a movie, it is no longer considered to be based "solely" on the original literature and is instead based on the new derivative work.
- Legendary characters such as Zeus, King Arthur or Robin Hood are based on a loose series of tales and mythology. For that reason, different materials have sprung up with completely different retellings and the characters themselves don't really apply to any particular piece of literature. These should only be included in this category if the game references a specific book, author or story.
- Games which merely recreate the "atmosphere" of a certain author or set of stories are not to be included in this category.
This category has the following 28 subcategories, out of 28 total.
- ► Video games based on Frankenstein (6 P)
- ► Video games based on works by H. P. Lovecraft (1 C, 13 P)
- ► Video games based on Middle-earth (2 C, 24 P)
- ► Video games based on Nancy Drew (36 P)
- ► Video games based on Oz (franchise) (5 P)
- ► Video games based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms (2 C, 17 P)
- ► Video games based on Zorro (4 P)
Pages in category "Video games based on novels"
The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- Salammbo: Battle for Carthage
- The Scoop (video game)
- Shadowrun (1993 video game)
- Shannara (video game)
- The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Square's Tom Sawyer
- Star General
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (video game)
- Starship Troopers (video game)
- Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy