|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volcanism.|
Volcanism is the process in which molten rock, ash, and gases erupt from below the surface of the Earth (or other planets and satellites). Previous volcanism is evidenced not only in volcanic mountains, craters, and plateaus, but more broadly through the underlying dikes, sills and magma chambers that may become exposed through erosion, through widely dispersed ashfall, through sediments eroded from volcanoes and deposited elsewhere, and through the effects of volcanism on the atmosphere, oceans and climate.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Volcanism by continent (10 C)
- ► Extinct volcanism (17 C, 12 P)
- ► Fumaroles (5 P)
- ► Hotspot volcanism (2 C, 11 P)
- ► Large igneous provinces (2 C, 38 P)
- ► Maria on the Moon (3 C, 60 P)
- ► Volcanism by ocean (8 C)
- ► Rift volcanism (3 C, 7 P)
Pages in category "Volcanism"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).