Category talk:Medicinal herbs and fungi
|WikiProject Pharmacology||(Rated NA-class)|
- This category is for medicinal and psychoactive herbs and fungi.
is confusing. What does it mean?
- This category is for herbs and fungi which are both medicinal and psychoactive
- This category is for medicinal herbs and fungi, as well as for psychoactive herbs and fungi
In any case, obvioulsy a herb or fungus which has no medical value does not belong to a category called "Medicinal herbs and fungi", be it psychoactive or not. And a herb or fungus which has medical value belongs to a category "Medicinal herbs and fungi", even if it is not psychoactive. So the "psychoactive" part of the definition should be removed. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Urod (talk • contribs) .
- many psychoactives are medicinal and have been used for healing puposes for thousands of years as well as in psychiatry and psychology for the last 50 years. please stop changing all of this stuff until we talk about it. being bold is great and all, but we have had many discussion on all of this in the past, and it would be much more helpful if you could discuss these changes before making them, particularly as there is obvious disagreement with many of the changes you are making. All of these categories exist in the way they do for a reason, and for reasons that have been worked out in previous discussions. --heah 17:48, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- This cat was created, btw, to facilitate a category of plants etc. used by humans for medicine, for psychoactive purposes, etc. how about this as a subcat of category:Medicinal and psychoactive herbs and fungi? medicinals will then be a subcat of that, as will psychoactives; each will have its own cat under the umbrella. that probably makes the most sense to do. I don't think you really understand the way the categorization sysytem here at wikipedia works . . . --heah 17:54, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
Per discussion at Category talk:Medicinal plants, pages in Category:Medicinal herbs and fungi which describe only plants are moving into subcategory Medicinal plants, and pages which describe only fungi are moving into subcategory Medicinal fungi. Assistance would be welcomed. --Alynna 19:37, 18 January 2007 (UTC)