|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Parent||Santander UK plc|
Cater Allen is a private bank operating in the United Kingdom. It is a subsidiary of Santander UK. Tracing its history back to a bank founded in Blackburn in 1816, it was independent for 180 years, before being purchased in 1997 by Abbey National. Cater Allen Offshore was initially run as a separate enterprise within Abbey, but in 2001 it was merged with Abbey National Offshore.
The Cater Allen name came about relatively late in the bank's history - from Cater Ryder's 1981 acquisition of Allen, Harvey and Ross. Cater Ryder itself had been formed 20 years earlier by the merger of Cater and Co. (founded 1908) and Ryder's Discount Co.
- http://www.caterallen.co.uk/DocumentDownload.aspx?docID=48 (pdf)
- "Launch of Cater Allen Private Bank fixed-rate bonds announced". Money News. 4 Jun 2009.
- "Abbey National expands with pounds 191m Cater Allen". The Independent. London. 27 June 1997.
- Mandy Robinson (7 February 2001). "Date Is Set For Abbey National And Cater Allen Merger". Tax-News.
- Griffiths, Katherine (15 May 2001). "Abbey buys Fleming Premier for £106m". The Independent. London. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Treanor, Jill (15 May 2001). "Abbey National pays £106m for 'premier' bank". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|