|Designer(s)||Mark Smith (Technical Director)|
|Chassis||Carbon fibre and Honeycomb composite structure|
|Suspension (front)||Twin non-parallel wishbone, Pullrod actuated|
|Suspension (rear)||same as front|
|Engine||Renault Energy F1-2014 1.6 L (98 cu in) V6, turbo, 15,000 RPM limited with ERS, mid-mounted.|
|Transmission||Red Bull Technology 8 speed gearbox|
|Weight||691 kg (1,523.4 lb) (with driver)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Caterham F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||9. Marcus Ericsson
10. Kamui Kobayashi
45. André Lotterer
46. Will Stevens
|Debut||2014 Australian Grand Prix|
The Caterham CT05 is a Formula One racing car designed by Caterham to compete in the 2014 Formula One season. It was driven by series debutant Marcus Ericsson and Kamui Kobayashi, who replaced the team's 2013 drivers Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic. Three-time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner André Lotterer also competed for the team, replacing Kobayashi for the Belgian Grand Prix. Ericsson terminated his contract with the team prior to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and was replaced by Will Stevens.
The CT05 was designed to use Renault's new 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine, the Energy F1-2014. The car was unveiled on 28 January during the first winter test at Circuito de Jerez. It was noted for its unique nose design, which was replaced with a slightly more traditional design at the Belgian Grand Prix.
The car did not compete in the United States and Brazilian Grands Prix due to a financial crisis at Caterham F1 and related companies going into administration. Caterham then started a crowdsourcing campaign to raise enough money to enter the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which proved successful as they were able to compete.
Complete Formula One results
|2014||Caterham F1 Team||Renault Energy F1-2014||P||Marcus Ericsson||Ret||14||Ret||20||20||11||Ret||18||Ret||18||Ret||17||19||15||17||19||0||11th|
‡ — Teams and drivers scored double points at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- "Renault unveil 2014 turbo engine". Formula One World Championship Limited. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Beer, Matt (21 January 2014). "Caterham signs Kobayashi, Ericsson for 2014 Formula 1 season". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 21 January 2014.
Caterham has signed grand prix returnee Kamui Kobayashi and GP2 graduate Marcus Ericsson for the 2014 Formula 1 season
- "Belgian GP: Andre Lotterer in for Kamui Kobayashi at Caterham". BBC Sport (BBC). 20 August 2014. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Caterham sign Britain's Will Stevens for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix". BBC Sport (BBC). 20 November 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "So, CT05 (yes, it is CT05, not CT04) is up and running....". Caterham F1 Team. 28 January 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Caterham to retain Renault engines in 2014". GPUpdate. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2013.