Caterham Cricket Club
Caterham Cricket Club is an English cricket club at Caterham in Surrey. The club runs teams in the Surrey County League and plays at Old Cats playing fields in Caterham. The modern club dates from the 1870s.
Historically the club the 18th century and between 1767 to 1770 played matches against prominent teams such as the Hambledon Club and Bourne Cricket Club. At this time the club was effectively representative of Surrey as a county. Its home venue was on Caterham Common. The club patron was Henry Rowett, a prominent landowner in the area.
- Caterham Cricket Club, Cricket World. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Caterham Cricket Club. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- ACS, Important Matches, pp. 23–24.
- Other matches played by Caterham, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Other matches played on Caterham Common, Caterham, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
|This article about a cricket team in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|