Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Prizren
The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour (also known as Precinct of the Lady Helper Church and Con-cathedral of the Lady Helper) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Prizren, Kosovo, seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Prizren-Priština.
The Cathedral of Prizren was commissioned in 1870 by Dario Bucciarelli, Archbishop of Skopje. Its clocktower was built by Thomas Glasnovic, a Croatian monk and architect. The cathedral among its frescoes features in the north side of the church a fresco of Skanderbeg painted in 1883 by Gjergj Panariti an Albanian monk and painter from Korçë.
- Official web page of the diocese (English)
- Catholic Church web page[permanent dead link] (Albanian)
- Kosovo By Gail Warrander, Verena Knaus https://books.google.com/books?id=GCRjKdrmqqEC
- List of Churches: http://www.metaltraveller.com/en/trips/kosovo/prizren_churches.html
- Openstreetmap location
- Report on Churches in Kosovo
- Archeological Report of Prizren
- Images and more images
|This article about a Kosovar building or structure related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|