Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cathedral of Sts. Peter and Paul|
|District||Diocese of Faisalabad|
|Leadership||Bishop Rufin Anthony, Administrator|
|Website||Diocese of Faisalabad|
The cathedral has played a significant role in promoting harmony and understanding between the nation’s religious communities through events like the 2007 dinner Faisalabad’s Council for Inter-religious dialogue hosted for Muslim leaders and faithful.
The foundation of the Cathedral was laid in 1965 and the building was consecrated in 1969.
On the 100th anniversary of the celebration of the first Church Unity Octave both Catholic and Protestant leaders invited each other. The first of these gatherings was hosted by Bishop Joseph Coutts of Faisalabad, who invited Presbyterian Church leaders and laypeople to the Cathedral on January 18, 2008.
On 26 September 2009, hundreds of people gathered in the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul to greet Bishop Rufin Anthony, a native of Faisalabad, who on 21 September 2009 took over as coadjutor bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Islamabad-Rawalpindi.
On April 17, 2010 the Diocese organized a special ceremony to celebrate its Golden Jubilee. Archbishop Adolfo Tito Yllana, Apostolic Nuncio to Pakistan, Bishop Joseph Coutts (Faisalabad), Archbishop Lawrence Saldanha (Lahore), and Bishop Andrew Francis (Multan) spoke on the occasion. At the Jubilee Mass at the Cathedral attended by about 5,000 Catholics from 21 parishes, Archbishop Yllana said that the Vatican was happy to see the number of priestly and religious vocations in the diocese.
- "Cathedrals in Pakistan".
- "Church to highlight importance of priests".
- "Local Focolare Members Bid Farewell To Movement Founder".
- "Catholics and Muslims dine together in Church for the end Ramadan".
- "Bishop, Mosque Leader Plant 'Peace Pole,' Affirm Value Of Dialogue".
- "Century-old Cathedrals Host 100th Christian Unity Week".
- "UCANews.com June 23, 2009".
- "AsiaNews.it 28 September 2009".
- "Pakistan Christian tv April 17, 2010".
-  Archived April 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.