|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Born||29 November 1962|
|Political party||Democratic Movement|
European Democratic Party
In 1997 Chabaud became the first woman to sail solo and non-stop around the world. She is the only female to have skippered the winning entry on corrected time in the Fastnet Race, doing so in 1999.
Since becoming a Member of the European Parliament, Chabaud has been serving on the Committee on Development. In addition to her committee assignments, she is part of the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas and the MEPs Against Cancer group.
- "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- CAZENAVE, Fabien (27 May 2019). "Parlement européen. Qui sont les 79 eurodéputés élus en France ?". Ouest-France.fr (in French). Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Solo yachtswoman and journalist Catherine Chabaud wins Woman of the Year award". Euronews. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Boyd, James. "Women in the 2019 Rolex Fastnet Race". Sail-World. Retrieved 6 July 2019.
- Members 2019-2024 European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- MAC MEPs in the 2019-24 legislature MEPs Against Cancer.
|This article about a Democratic Movement (France) politicians is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|