Catherine Herridge broadcasting from Guantánamo.
|Born||May 18, 1964|
|Alma mater||Harvard College
Early life and education
Joining the Fox News Channel at its inception in 1996, she originally was a London-based correspondent for ABC News. Herridge has also served as a field correspondent for the defunct Fox newsmagazine The Pulse.
She has covered Hillary Clinton almost exclusively, including Mrs. Clinton's campaign for Senate in 2000, the 2004 Democratic presidential elections, the Washington, D.C.-area sniper attacks, the U.S.-sponsored resolution calling for the lifting of sanctions against Iraq, and the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person charged in the U.S. over the 9/11 attacks. Herridge was in New York on September 11, 2001, and reported for the network from locations in New York City.
In 2007, a legal dispute regarding salary and benefits took place between Herridge and Fox News. Fox News attempted to put a no complaint clause in her contract which Herridge refused to sign. She then filed a complaint with the EEOC. In September, 2010, the EEOC sued Fox over, among other things, the contract clause in re Herridge. In August, 2011, the EEOC lawsuit was dismissed as without merit by a federal judge. The judge referenced Herridge's salary request of $900,000 per year (a 95% increase) as one reason.
- "Catherine Herridge". FOX News Network, LLC. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Alumni Board 2015-16". Columbia University. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Catherine Herridge". Penguin Random House. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Catherine Herridge". The Aspen Institute. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Huffington Post coverage of Herridge v Fox News". Huffingtonpost.com. September 30, 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- Dornic, Matt (2011-08-26). "Fox News Discrimination Suit Tossed Out – FishbowlDC". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- Van Susteren, Greta (2006-06-06). "Catherine Herridge Fights to Save Her Son's Life – Fox News". Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- Story about liver donation on FoxNews.com
- Herridge prepares to donate liver to son