|Born||February 11, year n.a.|
Catherine Hickland (born February 11, year n.a.) is an American actress, singer, author and cosmetics-company CEO. She appeared in the US soap opera One Life to Live, playing the character of Lindsay Rappaport from 1998 through 2008, and again in 2009 and 2012.
Hickland played in a number of daytime dramas. Her first major role was on Texas as Dr. Courtney Marshall from 1980 to 1981, followed by the role of Julie Clegg McCandless on Capitol from 1984 to 1987, and the dual role of Jenny Diamond from 1985 to 1986.
While engaged to her future husband David Hasselhoff, she played a role in his series Knight Rider as Stephanie "Stevie" Mason, who, in the story, was engaged to Michael Knight (Hasselhoff's character). She appeared in three episodes: "White Bird" (March 4, 1983), "Let It Be Me" (May 13, 1984), and "The Scent of Roses" (January 3, 1986). In 1985, Hickland played herself in 15 episodes of the game show "Body Language. She also appears on the debut David Hasselhoff record Night Rocker, singing on "Our First Night Together" and "Let It Be Me".
In 1987, she filled in for Katherine Kelly Lang as Brooke Logan on the serial The Bold and the Beautiful, while Lang was sick. She also played Tess Wilder on Loving (1993–1995) and The City (1995–1997). From 1998 to 2009, Hickland has portrayed Lindsay Rappaport on One Life to Live, reprising her role towards the end of the show's run in 2011.
As a guest star, Hickland appeared in numerous television series, including CHiPs (1983), Airwolf (in which she acted alongside her then-husband Hasselhoff's "Super-Machine" lead character rival, Stringfellow Hawke, played by Jan-Michael Vincent, 1985), and Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001–2005).
Hickland has also appeared in Broadway musicals, including Les Misérables as Fantine (1995) In 2001, she released a music CD, Sincerely Broadway, and that same year started a cosmetics line, Cat Cosmetics, for which she serves as CEO. She has also written a column on cosmetics and skin care for Soap Opera Digest.
Hickland's first book, The 30 Day Heartbreak Cure - A Guide to Getting Over Him and Back Out There One Month From Today was published in December 2008 by Simon & Schuster. Her second book, released in December 2014, is titled "Cat & Fern's Excellent God Adventure: Daily Inspirations for 365 Days of Heaven On Earth", written with Fern Underwood and Lindsay Harrison.
Hickland had a three-month first marriage to high-school sweetheart Richard Knowlton, in 1978 or 1981 (sources differ). From March 24, 1984, to March 1, 1989, she was married to David Hasselhoff. On June 27, 1992, Hickland married All My Children star Michael E. Knight. After that marriage ended, Hickland married producer Todd Fisher on December 25, 2012. The couple have a home in Las Vegas and a ranch California.
- "Catherine Hickland". SoapOperaDigest.com. Archived from the original on November 23, 2010.
- "About". Catherine Hickland official website. Archived from the original on July 31, 2016. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- Kahn, Toby (June 20, 1994). "Serial Monogamy — Soap Baddies Michael Knight and Catherine Hickland Get What They Deserve: Each Other". People. 41 (23). Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
- "David Hasselhoff Biography (1952-)". Filmreference.com. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved August 4, 2010.
- Kahn, Toby (July 27, 1992). "Passages". People. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2016.
Soap stars Catherine (Capitol) Hickland and Michael (All My Children) Knight wed in Malibu on June 27.
- "Famiy". Catherine Hickland official website. Archived from the original on July 31, 2016. Retrieved July 31, 2016.