|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 37th district
January 3, 1985
|Preceded by||Clifford Wilson|
|Born||March 12, 1958 (age 59)
Queens, New York
|Alma mater||New York University|
Catherine T. Nolan (born March 12, 1958) is a member of the New York State Assembly representing the 37th Assembly District, which includes the Queens neighborhoods of Sunnyside, Ridgewood, Astoria, Woodside, Long Island City, Maspeth, Queensbridge, Ravenswood, Dutch Kills and Blissville.
Nolan has lived in her district for most of her life and graduated from the St. Aloysius R.C. School and Grover Cleveland High School. She received a B.A. degree (cum laude) in political science from New York University.
She was first elected to the Assembly in 1984. Nolan is a member of the Democratic leadership in the Assembly and has served as Chair of both the Labor and Banking Committee during her career. Although no longer on the Labor Committee, she has continued to push legislation which protects workers rights in New York State.
In January 2006, Nolan was appointed as Chair of the Assembly Standing Committee on Education. She is also a member of the highly influential Rules and Ways & Means Committee.
Nolan resides in Ridgewood with her husband, Gerard Marsicano, and son Nicholas.
- "Assembly Member Catherine T. Nolan (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Catherine Nolan: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010.
- New York State Assembly: Catherine Nolan: 37th Assembly District
- Nolan named chairwoman of Assembly Education Committee
- New York State Democratic Committee: Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan
|New York Assembly|
Clifford E. Wilson
|New York State Assembly
|This article about a member of the New York State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|