|Member of the|
San Francisco Board of Supervisors
from District 2
|Assumed office |
January 30, 2018
|Preceded by||Mark Farrell|
Catherine Michele Stefani
c. 1970 (age 48–49)
San Francisco, California
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Alma mater||St. Mary's College of California (BA) |
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (JD)
|Website||Board of Supervisors|
District 2 website
Catherine Michele Stefani (born c. 1970) is an American politician from San Francisco. A member of the Democratic Party, Stefani has served on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors since 2018, representing District 2.
Early life and career
Stefani earned a bachelor's degree in government from Saint Mary's College of California. She earned a Master of Laws and a Juris Doctor from the University of the Pacific's McGeorge School of Law. She is the director of the local chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
Stefani worked in the Contra Costa County as a district attorney and as a political aide for Cindy Chavez when she served as vice mayor of San Jose. She also worked for Herb Wesson, a member of the California State Assembly. Stefani then worked as an aide to Michela Alioto-Pier and Mark Farrell for nine years, when they represented District 2 in the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. She was appointed a county clerk for San Francisco County in 2016.
Board of Supervisors
When Farrell resigned as Supervisor to become Mayor of San Francisco in January 2018, he selected Stefani as his successor. Stefani declared her candidacy for the position in the upcoming November election. Stefani won election to a full term.
After the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting, Stefani introduced a resolution that designated the National Rifle Association a domestic terrorist organization. On September 4, 2019, the Board of Supervisors passed the resolution with a unanimous vote.
- Siblings' struggles drive SF Supe Stefani
- Supervisor candidate Catherine Stefani sued by tenant for ‘wrongful eviction’
- "Catherine Stefani Appointed As County Clerk - San Francisco News". Thesfnews.com. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Knight, Heather. "Moms' group's tactics show there is cause for optimism about gun control". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- "Catherine Stefani is the New District 2 Supervisor". SF Weekly. January 30, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Swan, Rachel (November 27, 2018). "SF declares supervisor race winners: Stefani, Mar, Haney, Mandelman, Walton". SFChronicle.com. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- Swan, Rachel (June 4, 2019). "SF supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization". SFChronicle.com. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- "San Francisco supervisors: NRA is a 'domestic terrorist organization'". Usatoday.com. Retrieved September 5, 2019.