She was educated at the California Institute of Arts and the Art Center College of Design. She is a former actor, and studied as a graduate student under Mike Kelley. She currently teaches at the University of Chicago.
Five Economies (big hunt/little hunt) (2002) restages scenes from films including The Miracle Worker, Marat/Sade, Persona and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?. 'Tis Pity She's a Fluxus Whore (2003) combines filmed re-enactments of a 1953 production of John Ford's play and a 1964 Fluxus performance. Her works D-Pattern and The Chittendens were made in collaboration with the composer Sean Griffin.
- Margaret Sundell, Artforum, October, 2003.
- RosaLee Goldberg, ArtForum, Summer 2004.
- Frieze, Issue 95, October-November 2005. Archived 2009-01-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- whitney.org Archived 2008-03-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- miamiartmuseum.org Archived 2008-06-20 at the Wayback Machine.