17 September 1983 |
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
Coronation Street (2006, 2011—present)
Catherine "Cath" Tyldesley (born 17 September 1983) is an English actress, model and singer. She is best known for playing Iris Moss in the BBC drama Lilies in 2007 and as Eva Price on the ITV soap opera Coronation Street since 2011.
Early life and career
Tyldesley is from Walkden, Greater Manchester. She attended St. George's RC High School and Pendleton College before training at the Birmingham School of Acting (formerly the Birmingham School of Speech & Drama), graduating in 2005.
Tyldesley's television credits include Coronation Street, Holby City, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Sorted, Florence Nightingale and Red Riding. She played the lead role of Iris Moss in the Liverpool-set BBC drama Lilies. She also appeared in the comedy television pilot Guantanamo Phil, part of the Channel 4 Comedy Showcase 2009.
Tyldesley played a midwife in an episode broadcast on 13 January 2006. In May 2011, Tyldesley was cast in the regular role of Eva. The actress began filming her first scenes that month. During an interview with Digital Spy, Tyldesley revealed that there had been a lot of competition for the role of Eva and that she felt "incredibly lucky" to have secured the part. Tyldesley said she felt "nervous" when she first arrived on set. Speaking to What's on TV, she said that she had a "mini freak out" when filming her first scenes in The Rovers. Tyldesley added that Coronation Street is "absolutely legendary" and is thrilled to be a part of the cast. After impressing producers, it was later confirmed that Tyldesley was to be kept on as a permanent member of the cast. After signing a new six-month contract, an executive said that Eva will be involved in some "cracking" storylines towards the end of the year. In May 2012, Tyldesley expressed her desire for a long-term stint on the show. Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Tyldesley said "I've always wanted to be in Corrie. So when I got the phone call to tell me that I'd got the part, I was thrilled to bits." She also added that Eva has got "so much scope".
Before she appeared on screen, Eva was described as being "feisty". Tyldesley revealed more about her character, saying "Eva is a little bit of a princess! She's been spoiled rotten, so she's somewhat high maintenance and a little bit of a drama queen. She's definitely used to getting her own way." The actress said her character adores her mother and they share a great relationship. When Eva enters the show, her circumstances force her to be more angry than she normally is. Tyldesley said that Eva does have a softer side, which she believed viewers would see in the future. When asked why Eva and Karl do not get along, Tyldesley said "I think it's because they're both quite similar. When Eva first joins the street, she's had a little bit of turmoil with past relationships and things like that, so I think she feels like she wants to be quite selfish at the moment, which annoys Karl. But she's always been full of self-importance because she's always been spoiled - she's not known any different." Tyldesley revealed that Eva is not a lesbian character, despite a newspaper report, and that she definitely loves the boys. When asked about Eva's type, Tyldesley said that they would have to be "on her wavelength" as Eva gets bored and frustrated with people who are not on her level. In May 2012, Tyldesley commented that Eva's glamorous lifestyle can be "straining" and she enjoys time off work so she can wear normal and more comfortable clothes.
|“||She wears the stuff I would never have the nerve to wear. It's weird, sometimes you just feel really glam and it's a nice feeling. Then other times you feel she's gone slightly overboard, ridiculous big hair and fake eyelashes - like TOWIE on Red Bull!||”|
|— Tyldesley explains Eva's sense of dress (2012)|
Tyldesley admitted in June 2012 that men do not approach her outside of Coronation Street and blamed her character in the series for putting men off. Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Tyldesley said: "I'm so disillusioned with men at the moment. Possibly men are intimidated by my screen character, I don't know. I've been single for a while. I've been on a couple of dates, but it's been quite a long time now." She began dating Tom Pitfield. On 24 August 2014 Catherine announced she and Tom were expecting their first child. In September 2014 the couple got engaged. She gave birth to son Alfie on 18 March 2015. In 2016, Tyldesley married Pitfield in a ceremony at which her Coronation Street co stars attended.
|2006||Coronation Street||Midwife||1 Episode|
|Holby City||Mackenzie James|
|2007||Lilies||Iris Moss||Series Regular|
|The Street||Grace||1 Episode|
|2008||Florence Nightingale||Parthenope||TV Film|
|Doctors||Lynne Hammerson||1 Episode|
|2009||Red Riding||Tessa||TV Film|
|2010||Scallywagga||Psycho Sarah||Series Regular|
|Holby City||Jody Stevens||1 Episode|
|Emmerdale||Abi Peterson||Recurring: 20 Episodes|
|Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps||Amy||1 Episode|
|2011–present||Coronation Street||Eva Price||Series Regular|
|2011–2012||Trollied||Emma||Recurring: 8 Episodes|
- Loose Women (2011) - Guest
- I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! NOW! (2011) - Guest panellist
- Life On Murs (2012) - Herself
- Lorraine (2012) - Guest
- Through the Keyhole (21 September 2013) - Guest panellist
- All Star Family Fortunes (17 February 2013 & 28 December 2013) - Contestant
- "Walkden Actress to Wow Emmerdale". Manchester Evening News. 1 August 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- Ryan, Kathryn (13 March 2008). "Catherine relishes role in BBC show". Salford Advertiser. Archived from the original on May 20, 2008. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- Birmingham School of Acting - 2005 - Graduates - Catherine Tyldesley Retrieved on 2007-12-22.
- ""Lilies" Press Pack: Catherine Tyldesley plays Iris". BBC Press Office. 18 December 2006. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- Catherine Tyldesley at United Agents Retrieved on 2009-07-23.
- Guantanamo Phil - Sitcom - British Comedy Guide Retrieved on 2009-07-23.
- Tither, Helen (26 March 2007). "New 'costume drama' range from House of Fraser". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (4 May 2011). "'Coronation Street' casts Stella's daughter". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel. "Catherine Tyldesley (Eva Price, Corrie)". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Kelly, Kristy (10 June 2011). "'Coronation Street' newcomer had "mini freak out"". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- Payne, Will (2 October 2011). "Catherine Tyldesley gets new six-month Coronation Street contract to play Eva Price". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (21 May 2012). "'Coronation Street' Catherine Tyldesley wants long soap future". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Millar, Paul (24 May 2012). "'Coronation Street' Tyldesley bemoans "exhausting" Eva glamour". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- Martinovic, Paul (23 June 2012). "'Coronation Street' Catherine Tyldesley: "I never get chatted up"". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- "All Star Family Fortunes Episode 1 |". itv.com. 2013-11-28. Retrieved 2013-12-28.