Cathie Beck (born August 3, 1955) is an American journalist and creative writer based in Denver, Colorado. Her memoir Cheap Cabernet: A Friendship, which she self-published in October 2009, was published by Hyperion Books in July 2010.
Her short stories have been published in Riverrun Literary Magazine, Glimmer Train Literary Collective, Red Dirt Publications, and Zoetrope Stories, to name a few, and in innumerable university literary periodicals and publications.
Graduate of the Louisiana Tech University Journalism Department, and the Creative Writing Graduate Program at the University of Colorado at Boulder, Beck has written for the Daily Camera (Boulder), the Los Angeles Times, The Denver Post, The Rocky Mountain News, The Denver Business Journal, Poets & Writers Magazine, and Writer's Digest. She presently contributes to a number of major publications, including The Denver Post, and is “The Wine Wench” columnist for ColoradoBiz magazine and KUVO in Denver, Colorado.
She is the recipient of the Louisiana Press Women’s and Denver Press Woman’s Writing Awards, the Scripps-Howard Award for Excellence in Journalism, and the University of Colorado’s Dean’s Award for Writing.
- Guttau, Jim (2009-08-07). "Cathie Beck Launches Memoir". YourHub. The Denver Post. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Encore! Interview with Cathie Beck - Author of Cheap Cabernet, A Friendship". Swatton Live. BlogTalkRadio. 2009-10-06. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Catalog: Summer 2010: Cheap Cabernet". Hyperion Books. 2009-04-29. Archived from the original on 2012-03-01.
- "The On-Sale Calendar: July 2010". Publishers Weekly. 2010-02-20. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Hyperion Summer 2010". Hyperion Books. July 2010. p. 35. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Journalism: A-C Alumni". Louisiana Tech University .
- "Meet the critics". The Rocky Mountain News. 2008-12-04. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- "Cathie Beck—The Wine Wench". ColoradoBiz. Archived from the original on 2013-10-16.
- "Bios". Sustainable Business Group.[dead link]
- Kennedy, Lesley (2009-10-06). "VIDEO – Cathie Beck on her book 'Cheap Cabernet'". Denver à la Mode. Archived from the original on 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Cathie Beck (Author of Cheap Cabernet)". Goodreads. 2010-10-26. Retrieved 2012-02-17.