Catholic High School for Boys (Little Rock, Arkansas)
|Catholic High School for Boys|
|6300 Father Tribou Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas, 72205
|Motto||Virtus in Veritate
(Manliness in Truth)
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Bishop John B. Morris|
|Sister school||Mount St. Mary Academy|
|NCES School ID||00047854|
|Rector||Msgr. Lawrence Frederick|
|Principal||Steven Gregory Straessle|
|Vice principal||Matthew A. Dempsey|
|Faculty||40.1 (on FTE basis)|
|Accreditation||Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association|
|Average SAT scores||1811 (2013)|
|Average ACT scores||24.4 (2013) |
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic Diocese of Little Rock|
|Football stadium||War Memorial Stadium|
|Guidance counselor||Br. Richard Sanker|
|College attendance rate||98% (2011)|
The Catholic High School for Boys mascot is The Rockets, with purple and gold serving as its school colors.
The Little Rock Catholic Rockets compete in the 7A Classification, which is the state's largest classification, administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The Rockets compete in the 7A/6A Central Conference. Interscholastic activities include: football, golf, basketball, bowling, cross country running, soccer, swimming and diving, wrestling, track and field, and baseball.
The Rockets have enjoyed numerous state championships in its history including:
- Football: The Rockets football team are 3-time state football champions (1971, 1984, 1985).
- Golf: The boys golf team are 8-time state golf champions (1964, 1965, 1967, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 2006).
- Swimming and diving: The Rockets swim teams are 11-time state swimming champions (1962, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1989, 2002, 2003, 2004).
- Soccer: The soccer team are 5-time 7A classification state soccer champions (2002, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011).
- Wrestling: The wrestling team are 1-time 7A/6A state wrestling champions (2014).
- Tennis: The boys tennis team are 15-time state tennis champions (1968, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1980, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2015).
Clubs and traditions
In addition to athletic competition, Catholic participates in Quiz Bowl, debate and speech competitions. Clubs and organizations include Student Council, and honor societies such as Beta Club and the National Honor Society.
The Rockets are the 2009 Quiz Bowl state champions.
- "Search for Private Schools – School Detail for Catholic High School For Boys". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "Profile" (PDF). Little Rock Catholic High School. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "School Profile, Catholic High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved February 25, 2014.