||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010)|
March 20, 1970 |
Yonkers, New York
Cathy DeBuono is an American actress. DeBuono was born on March 20, 1970, in Yonkers, New York, and raised in Bronxville. As an athlete, she started a career as a successful volleyball player and received several awards and medals, such as two gold medals at the United States Olympic Festival in 1991 and 1992. Between 1988 and 1991 she attended the University of Kentucky.
She was forced to end her career as a volleyball player due to a knee injury. After this, DeBuono started her acting career, and she performed in a stage play directed by a former student, Ashley Judd. She studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and graduated in 1994. In 2003 she earned a master degree in clinical psychology.
She appeared in the last three seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine as M'Pella. She has worked as a stand-in, photo double, and body double for Terry Farrell. DeBuono received no on-screen credits until her final appearance in the episode The Dogs of War. DeBuono also appeared as a background regular in several episodes of the television series Chicago Hope as a paramedic. DeBuono was involved in the comedy series Jenny, The Pretender, Pacific Blue, Martial Law, Becker and Exes and Oh's.
DeBuono has also appeared in a few films, including the short project Gay Propaganda (2002) and the award-winning Out at the Wedding (2007), the romantic comedy And Then Came Lola (2008), and the short drama Tremble & Spark (2008). For the 2007 short film, The Touch, by Jane Clark, she worked as associate producer and still photographer.
She now hosts her own radio program on Thursdays at 12 p.m. PST, since September 2011, to give out advice on LA Talk radio.
- Crazy Bitches (2014) as Cassie
- Meth Head (2013) as Theresa Stevens
- Itsy Bitsy Spiders (2012) as Lucy (short film)
- A Perfect Ending (2012) as Dawn
- Bounty (2011 film) | Bounty (2011) as Dani Sanders (short film)
- We Have to Stop Now (2009 - 2010) as Dyna (15 episodes)
- Rose by Any Other Name... (2009) as Renee
- And Then Came Lola (2009) as Danielle
- Tremble and Spark (2009) as Charlie Frost (short film)
- 3Way (2008 - 2009) as Dr. Anglea Carlisi (2 episodes)
- Out at the Wedding (2007) as Risa
- Exes and Ohs (2007) as Becca (1 episode)
- Becker (2003) as Ms. Reynolds (1 episode)
- Gay Propaganda (2002) as Henria (short film)
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (1999) as Soldier (video game)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1997-1999) as M'Pella (16 episodes)
- Martial Law (1999) as Joy Waters (1 episode)
- Chicago Hope (1996 - 1998) as Paramedic (3 episodes)
- Pacific Blue (1998) as Matron Sara Dexter (1 episode)
- The Pretender (1998) as Staff Sgt. Alyssa Padilla (1 episode)
- Jenny (1998) as Women #1 (1 episode)
- Phoenix (1998) as Stripper
- Cathy DeBuono
- CathyDeBuono.com - official site
- Cathy DeBuono on Myspace
- Cathy DeBuono at the Internet Movie Database
- Cathy DeBuono article at OutSports.com