|Born||Catherine Malia Godbold
23 September 1974
|Died|| (aged 43)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Cause of death||Brain cancer|
|Resting place||Springvale Botanical Cemetery|
|Parent(s)||Rosemary Margan (mother)
Norman Godbold (father)
Ross Mitchell (step-father)
Catherine Malia Godbold (23 September 1974 – 4 May 2018) was an Australian actress. She was best known for her role as Deborah Hale Regnery on The Saddle Club and as Meg Bowman in Home and Away. In May 2007, after The Saddle Club was picked up for a third season, Godbold was diagnosed with brain cancer. She had the tumour removed and began chemotherapy. Godbold was the daughter of Australian broadcaster Rosemary Margan, whom she portrayed in the Graham Kennedy biopic The King.
A second brain tumour developed in January 2018, which proved to be terminal. Godbold died on 4 May 2018, aged 43. Godbold's funeral was held on 10 May 2018. Godbold and her mother are buried together at Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
- The King: The Story of Graham Kennedy – Rosemary Margan
- The Saddle Club – Deborah Hale Regnery (seasons 1 & 2)
- Blonde – Assistant #2
- Blue Heelers – Gail Hutton
- Neighbours – Sondra Pike
- Newlyweds – Jules Carter
- Hey Dad..! – Cassie
- Alex: The Spirit of a Champion – Maggie Benton
- Home and Away – Meg Bowman
- Chances – Nikki Taylor
- More Winners: His Master's Ghost – Sarah O'Grady
- Frontline – Herself
- This Night of Nights – Herself
- Amandine Malabul: Cosie
- "Home and Away star dies aged 43, months after mum Rosemary Margan's death". 6 May 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- Dmytryshchak, Goya (5 May 2018). "Australian actor Cathy Godbold dies after cancer battle". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Actress Cathy Godbold dies age 43". Nine News. 5 May 2018. Retrieved 5 May 2018.
|This article about an Australian film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|