A screenshot from the alpha release of Catlateral Damage.
May 27, 2015 (full release)
Catlateral Damage is a first person game in which the player plays as a cat. The only goal of the game is to knock as many of your owner's belongings onto the floor as possible. There are game modes in which the player can either race against the clock and get a certain number of items onto the floor as fast as they can, score as many points in a 2-minute time-frame, or a free play mode where there is no clock and there are no points.
Development for a full release began in September 2013.
According to developer Chris Chung, the final commercial release will feature many additions as achievements, gameplay modes, levels, and music. Planned gameplay modes include "Cat Ops", "Free Mode", and "Time Attack/Trials". Oculus Rift support is also planned.
Rock, Paper, Shotgun's Nathan Grayson reviewed the original Catlateral Damage as "basic and inconsequential as can be, and that's exactly what I wanted from it. Be a cat. Do total jerkstore asshole cat things. The end."
Joystiq's Danny Cowan reviewed the alpha release of Catlateral Damage favorably with "For anyone who has never owned cats, this is a fairly accurate simulation of what their day-to-day life entails."
- Chris Chung. "Catlateral Damage - Press Kit". CloudFlare. Retrieved 2013-06-19. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Catlateral_Damage_-_Press_Kit" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Jeffrey Matulef (15 January 2014). "Catlateral Damage is a first-person cat simulator". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Michelle Starr (14 January 2014). "Channel your inner feline mischief with Catlateral Damage". CNET. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Nathan Grayson (15 January 2014). "Pretty Kitty: Jerk Cat Sim Catlateral Damage Gets An Upgrade". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Steam Greenlight :: CATLATERAL DAMAGE". Steam (software). 13 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Chrixeleon. "7DFPS". 7DFPS. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Matulef, Jeffery (May 19, 2015). "Catlateral Damage is out of the bag next week". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
-  The Official Catlateral Damage website.
- Jeffrey Matulef (17 January 2014). "Catlateral Damage developer explains upcoming additions". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Joseph Bernstein (26 August 2013). "Play This Destructive Housecat Simulator". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Luke Plunkett (27 August 2013). "The Perfect Cat Simulator Has You Smash Nintendos". Kotaku. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Nathan Grayson (26 August 2013). "Jerkwad Cat Simulator: Catlateral Damage". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Chris Priestman (13 January 2014). "You're A Cat. Make A Mess. Two Minutes: Catlateral Damage - Indie Statik". Indie Statik. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Danny Cowan (13 January 2014). "Catlateral Damage chronicles the life of a destructive kitty". Joystiq. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- Mike Irving (14 January 2014). "Catlateral Damage lets you trash a room as only a cat can". VG247. Retrieved 2014-01-17.