Catlin Township, Vermilion County, Illinois
|• Total||50.07 sq mi (129.7 km2)|
|• Land||49.79 sq mi (129.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.56%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||66.3/sq mi (25.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
61817, 61832, 61834, 61841, 61846, 61858, 61883
Catlin Township was created in 1858.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 50.07 square miles (129.7 km2), of which 49.79 square miles (129.0 km2) (or 99.44%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 0.56%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Cities and towns
- Blount Township (north)
- Danville Township (east)
- Georgetown Township (southeast)
- Carroll Township (south)
- Jamaica Township (southwest)
- Vance Township (west)
- Oakwood Township (northwest)
The township contains fourteen cemeteries: Allhands, Cox, Dougherty, God's Acre, Hickman, Jones Grove, Kight's, Mount Vernon, New Atherton, Oak Ridge, Pate, Songer, Spicer Family Plot and Wright Family.
Airports and landing strips
- Cast Airport
- Skyline Lake
- Catlin Community Unit School District 5
- Danville Community Consolidated School District 118
- Georgetown-Ridge Farm Consolidated Unit School District 4
- Jamaica Community Unit School District 12
- Oakwood Community Unit School District 76
- Westville Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 104
- State Senate District 52
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.